Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Crafty boys

So my super summer challenge of doing something GREAT every day didn't exactly go as planned or hoped for, but overall it was great. In addition to going to all sorts of fun places we also did some crafty things. A couple of which Jake initiated all by himself IMG_3494 My apologies for how wickedly unhappy he looks here. I don't even remember why he looks this way, but Parker in the background is pretty funny! Anyway, he made a sock puppet by taping lego pieces to make a face. IMG_3563IMG_3550 Stringing popcorn and macaroni noodle necklaces. Of course they ate more than they strung. Is that a word? IMG_3532IMG_3531 Jake constructed vehicles out of tupperware, jewelry boxes, crayons, pencils, tape and legos....etc IMG_3497 We did a Home Depot workshop where they built and painted moving trucks. That was awesome IMG_3524 And here's a drawing of Cousin Tate flowboarding that we sent to him at sleep away camp. I wish we had done more crafty things, but I'm not gonna lie, I prefered leaving the house and going somewhere than staying home to do such things. Oh well. We still had a great and memorable summer.

1 comment:

Darcie Johnson said...

That first picture is cracking me up! And I love Jake's vehicles :)